Our Mission Statement
The Baileys Go is a blog and community dedicated to providing practical travel information with a primary focus on the Black community. We aim to serve our readers through our webpage first then social media.
This is a living webpage that grows as The Baileys grow and change. You can help by providing your feedback and making suggestions for ways that this webpage should be improved. We encourage both our readers and our clients to examine it. We commit to re-working it constantly as we find new opportunities to improve.
OUR CORE VALUES
The Reader is always our priority.
- Every decision we make is driven by how it will impact our readers.
- Every decision we make will answer YES to the following question – does this provide value to our audience?
- We will never intentionally deceive or hide information from our readers. For the information presented by the Baileys Go, we expect the reader to hold us accountable.
- We are forever grateful for our audience. We know that time is the most important and most fleeting resource. Thus, we appreciate any time spent with The Baileys Go on any platform online and in-person.
- We know that our readers are more than analytics, vanity metrics, or followers – each reader is a person with a story. We value each and every reader and welcome them into our virtual community whether for the short term or long term.
We make space for transparency and authenticity.
- We believe in authenticity and transparency. We are committed to showing up daily as our authentic selves.
- We will always be honest with our readers, even when the truth is unpleasant. We will never intentionally lie to our readers.
- When we make recommendations to our readers, we will do so with integrity and only if we would make the same recommendation for our own family.
- When we are unable to validate our information, we will make it clear that our recommendation is based on personal experience and opinion as opposed to fact.
- Transparency is important to us because we showcase a lifestyle that is realistic. We believe by showing our full journey, we empower others to partake in the same journey.
Profit is our last priority.
- We understand that much time has gone into creating The Baileys Go brand and are realistic that money is required to continue.
- As we grow, we are committed to impacting our readers first and making a profit last.
- Under no amount of financial gain, will we divert from our core values.
- We take ownership of everything we do and say regardless of our intentions.
- We operate The Baileys Go with integrity that cannot be purchased.
Our Core Content
We think travel should be accessible to everyone, whether you have one week or one year, and whether you are on a tight budget or you are a baller.
Most African Americans report being fearful of racism abroad as the leading cause of not traveling internationally. Although a legitimate fear we share as well, we highlight our experiences as a millennial African American couple with hopes of easing that fear and normalize being black and traveling. We believe traveling is a powerful tool that can transform everyone’s life.
The Baileys Go is a place where we share practical tips for navigating the world and for advice so that readers feel confident to explore more.
We are passionate about inspiring young black people to explore more of the world. We know first-hand the benefits and we aim to demonstrate them through vlogs, blogs, and social media.
Our core content includes but is not limited to.
- Our blog is written primarily for international and domestic travel content. Our travel guides are informative and do not intentionally hoard practical information.
- We aim to provide a blueprint for readers interested in long-term travel. When we left our high-salary corporate jobs, we needed guidance on navigating this new world. Therefore, we promise to be that guidance.
- Our content is created from the perspective of traveling as a couple. While we do not always travel together, we understand that our roles as husband and wife impact our travel experiences. We share those experiences, here.
- Because we prioritize, realistic travel expectations, we share our views on personal finance. We know that we cannot do it without managing our money responsibly. In order for our readers to utilize our travel information, we are aware that money is required.
Follow our journey
We’re so happy you’ve stuck around to the end. If you like what you’ve read, go ahead and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to us! We welcome your feedback.